“This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.”
Sir Winston Churchill
Telephoning and writing
We deliver practical sessions addressing:
- Etiquette - the dos and don’ts of telephone conversations
- The use of scripts and information technology
- Establishing good habits and defining performance
- Flexibility and adapting to your audience
- Using your voice to optimum effect
We can create bespoke scenarios and provide specialist actors to dramatically enhance the effectiveness of this training.
We offer practical courses addressing the challenges of contemporary business writing.
Be it for reports, proposals, letters or email, the ability to express ideas and information in writing is as important as ever.
Participants will be able to:
- Identify good confident English
- Structure persuasive proposals
- Draft accessible, informative and factual reports
- Write with clarity, accuracy and concision
- Adopt the right style and tone to appeal to the target reader
- Adapt their style to different media and different objectives
- Edit their own work objectively
- Refresh writing styles that have become stale
- Use email effectively by observing simple rules and the emerging etiquette
- Understand the continuing importance of good grammar and spelling
“Learn to write well, or not to write at all.” John Sheffield 1st Duke of Buckingham ‘An Essay upon Satire’ 1689